Subscribe to Computing Intelligence

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Remiss in my duties

I just realised something I should have done several days ago: restarted the quotations series! Now that I am back from Germany and have returned to my apartment (and, subsequently, my small personal library), I once again have access to my excellent anthology The Oxford Dictionary of Quotations. So, while I am still in the studying state (I wrote neuroanatomy and linear algebra yesterday... they could have gone better (damn my forgetting of the reticular formation's role in posture and the Cayley-Hamilton theorem), but I suppose they could also have been worse), I think I have enough time to take a quotation posting break. For the first time since the end of May, here are some famous things other people have said:

"Truth lies within a little and certain compass, but error is immense." - Henry St. John, Lord Bolingbroke, English politician, 1678-1751

"If I am a great man, then all great men are frauds." - Andrew Bonar Law, Canadian-born British Conservative politician and Prime Minister 1922-3, 1858-1923

"Metaphysics is the finding of bad reasons for what we believe upon instinct; but to find these reasons is no less an instinct." - F. H. Bradley, English philosopher, 1846-1924

0 comments: