Subscribe to Computing Intelligence

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Quotations

It has been a while since I put up a few quotations. Since I will be staying with my girlfriend's family for at least a few days while I recover from surgery (and won't be taking my book of quotations with me), this will be my last chance for a little while to put some up. So, here are a few things that have been said before.

"We started off trying to set up a small anarchist community, but people wouldn't obey the rules." - Alan Bennett, English actor and dramatist, 1934-

"Journalists say a thing they know isn't true, in the hope that if they keep on saying it long enough it will be true." - Arnold Bennett, English novelist, 1867-1931

"Men will not be content to manufacture life: they will want to improve on it." - J. D. Bernal, Irish-born physicist, 1901-71

"The future ain't what it used to be." - Yogi Berra, American baseball player, 1925-

0 comments: