Subscribe to Computing Intelligence

Monday, April 13, 2009

Monday morning quotations

It's the week before exams, the week my final project report is due, and I'm going a little crazy. Maybe some words from the wise (or at least those who came before me) can help ease my mind a little.

"Like two skeletons copulating on a currugated tin roof." - Thomas Beecham describing the harpsichord, English conductor, 1879-1961

"The dullard's envy of brilliant men is always assuaged by the suspicion that they will come to a bad end." - Max Beerbohm, English critic and essayist, 1872-1956

"Other people have a nationality. The Irish and the Jews have a psychosis."
"There's no such thing as bad publicity except your own obituary."
- Brendan Behan, Irish dramatist, 1923-64

"The more foreigners I saw, the more I loved my homeland." - Du Belloy, French dramatist, 1725-75

0 comments: