Subscribe to Computing Intelligence

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Applications, Deadlines, and My Emotional Well-Being

Some may have noticed (especially those who have made recent topic requests) a slowing down of activity around here in the last week or so. I have been having a rough time getting around to attending this blog as the weight of the impending future bears down upon me. I underestimated the time involved not just in finding places to apply to and doing the applications (mostly because I find the task extraordinarily unpleasant, as I have so eloquently mentioned before), but also in securing funding (I should have seen this coming, seeing as how money is involved, but silly me just thought financial packages came as part of the graduate school acceptance thing). This is especially true for applications to Europe, where I am seriously considering due to their extensive work in computational neuroscience and artificial intelligence (particularly in Germany, but EPFL in Switzerland and Edinburgh both have very good schools for robotics). Anyway, as I decide my future, I have found it difficult to motivate paying attention to the blog. I apologize. I am working hard on forcing myself to worry less and function more, but it is a difficult task. New content is in the process of being produced, but my posting frequency might slow down for the next couple of weeks.

1 comments:

Mozglubov said...

Thank you! Compliments are always lovely to hear, as is the fact that people are actually reading the stuff I write.