Subscribe to Computing Intelligence

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Quotations - A New Regular Post

First, I moved out of residence and thus no longer had a whiteboard on my door. Then, Facebook changed its format to hide a person's information unless someone took the time to check. I thought my plan for going all the way through the Oxford Dictionary of Quotations and writing out my favourite quotations was doomed... until I remembered that I have this thing called a blog, and some people actually read it. So, without further rambling, I will begin with this week's set of quotations, starting once again back at A.

"If you want to be adored by your peers and have standing ovations wherever you go - live to be over ninety." - George Abbott, American director, producer, and dramatist, 1887-1995

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely." - Lord Acton, British historian, 1834-1902

"Do not put such unlimited power into the hands of the husbands. Remember all men would be tyrants if they could." - Abigail Adams in a letter to her husband, John Adams, 1744-1818

0 comments: