Subscribe to Computing Intelligence

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Some Links

I've added a Places of Interest sidebar (with links in no particular order). I'll give a brief description of each of the places:

Science News: The Science magazine homepage. Plenty of links to articles on general science news.

RichardDawkins.net: Homepage of a great scientist doing his bit for the furthering of secular thought. It is mostly news involving religion and atheism, but there are also some occasionally interesting tidbits on science.

The Jolly Bloger: A fellow from BC's blog. He has an enjoyable smack of wit and sarcasm and a healthy enjoyment of playing with language. He doesn't post particularly often (though more frequently than I do), but is an enjoyable addition to an RSS feed.

The Evilutionary Biologist: A recent addition to my RSS feed, so I don't yet have much to say about this blog. Perhaps you will just have to go and have a look yourself.

Pharyngula: PZ Myers' quite popular science blog, Dr. Myers posts links with uncanny frequency. I don't know how he has time for it, but it is an enjoyable source of wit and (ir)religious news.

The Wild Side: Olivia Judson's blog, she writes a small number of voluminous and quite interesting posts about evolutionary biology.

Good Math, Bad Math: Another science blog, this is primarily a foray into applied mathematics. The writing is clear and engaging, so even when I am familiar with the concept being discussed I still find it an enjoyable review.

Developing Intelligence: This is a science blog by a neuroscientist graduate student who basically takes what I started my blog to be and does it better. It makes me a little sad, but hopefully in a few years when I'm doing my own graduate work I will have a similar blog. While many of the posts are technical enough that I'm not sure they would be interesting to those without at least some background in neuroscience, if you are interested in the brain I think it is worth having a look.

Conspiracy Factory: While it hasn't been updated much recently, this is an enjoyable blog primarily concerned with the public education of science (and the unfortunate ubiquity of pseudoscience).

So, there you have a brief description of the links. Really, though, it would probably make more sense just to go and have a look yourself.

2 comments:

JB said...

Hi Mozglubov, thanks so much for adding me to your sidebar. I've been enjoying your site since you commented on one of my posts a while back. Cheers!

Mozglubov said...

Thanks very much, glad to have you around!